Important Legal Information
This website is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation of products or services where prohibited by law. Butterfield Asset Management's Investment Vehicles, Products and Services:
- (i) have not been registered or licensed under any securities legislation of the United States (U.S.),
- (ii) are not offered or sold, directly or indirectly, in the U.S., any U.S. territory or possession or area subject to U.S. jurisdiction,
- (iii) are not otherwise available in the U.S.,
- (iv) are not offered to persons described below as "U.S. Persons" and
- (v) are directed only to persons in countries other than the U.S.
No investment vehicles, products or services, and no prospectuses, will be provided to a potential customer that Butterfield Asset Management has reason to believe is a U.S. Person, namely:
- (i) an individual resident in the U.S.,
- (ii) a corporation, partnership or other entity organised or incorporated in the U.S.,
- (iii) an estate of which any executor or administrator is otherwise a U.S. person,
- (iv) any trust of which any trustee is otherwise a U.S. person,
- (v) any branch or agency of a foreign entity located in the U.S.,
- (vi) any non-discretionary or similar account held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of someone who is otherwise a U.S. person,
- (vii) any discretionary or similar account held by a dealer or other fiduciary organised, incorporated or resident in the U.S.,
- (viii) any business entity established outside the U.S. by someone who is otherwise a U.S. person principally for the purpose of purchasing securities not registered in the U.S., or
- (ix) an estate or trust subject to U.S. federal income taxation regardless of the source of its income.
In order to verify that potential customers are not U.S. Persons, Butterfield Asset Management will request information pertaining to the citizenship and residence of potential customers, including their mailing address, payment method to be used, country from which this web site is accessed and any other information that may be necessary, as determined by Butterfield Asset Management in its sole discretion.
Nothing contained on this website constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up, and you may not recover the amount of your original investment. Where an investment involves exposure to a foreign currency, changes in rates of exchange may cause the value of the investment, and the income from it, to go up or down. Any tax reliefs referred to on this website are those available under current legislation, which may change, and their availability and value will depend on your individual circumstances. In the case of some investments, you should be aware that there is no recognised market for them and that it may therefore be difficult for you to deal in them or to obtain reliable information about their value or the extent of the risks to which they are exposed. Certain investments carry a higher degree of risk than others and are, therefore, unsuitable for some investors. Before contemplating any transaction, you should consider whether you require financial advice
Descriptions of the Butterfield range of mutual funds are in summary form only and no subscriptions may be made without completion of an application form confirming receipt of a current prospectus.
The Butterfield Funds are investment companies owned by their investors as shareholders, and are therefore independent entities from the Bank. Each of the Butterfield Funds is subject to its respective market risk and the Bank does not guarantee the investments. Past performance of the funds does not guarantee future results.